Unfortunately, Foreclosure can happen. By missing a mortgage payment, your lender has the legal means to repossess your home and force you to move out. If your property is worth less than the total amount you owe on your loan, a Deficiency Judgment could be pursued. Both a Foreclosure and a Deficiency Judgment can affect your ability to qualify for credit in the future. So you should avoid foreclosure, if possible.
- Top 4 Home Renovations for Maximum ROI [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Your Friends Are Crazy Wrong If They’re Telling You Not to Buy
- Feeling ‘Stuck in Place’? You Aren’t Alone… And There’s Hope!
- Mortgage Interest Rates Are Going Up… Should I Wait to Buy?
- Mid America Mortgage to Purchase Assets from Two Oklahoma Lenders